Support for Families
Children and Family Practices
The CFP (Central) team have effective links with partner organisations, working closely to ensure that they co-ordinate advice and signpost families to the most appropriate services. These organisations include:
- Schools, children’s centres and day nurseries;
- Youth Provision and Connexions
- Health services;
- Children’s Social Care;
- Youth offending and probation services; and
- community and voluntary groups.
Contact them on 01908 252696
Strengthening families offers advice and support to those families that :
- have been out of work for a long time
- are struggling to cope with supporting their children to attend school
- have had conflicts with neighbours
- have children who are, or have been, in trouble with the police
- experience violence within the home
- have had support from social care and are still having difficulties
- have physical and mental health problems affected by life choices.
This service is accessed by referral from a professional. Mrs Robertson can support with this.
Relate offer support to individuals, couples, families and young people. They can help families struggling with
- communication difficulties,
- issues following separation or divorce,
- changes in the family eg new baby, new partner, step children etc.
Compass provide a free, confidential substance misuse service for all Milton Keynes residents aged 18+. They welcome all those in the community who are experiencing problems with drugs and alcohol misuse and specialise in supporting recovery.