More Able Learners
At Christ the Sower Primary School, we are committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential. Our CARE Cultural curriculum, is broad, balanced and enhanced by a range of strategies that provide pupils with the skills to become independent and confident thinkers and learners, equipped to meet continuing challenge and change.
We ensure that the needs of our more able and talented children are met by:
- Embedding our CARE ethos through our curriculum, building children's aspirations and enriching learning to inspire and excite our pupils.
- Having high expectations of all children.
- Providing a stimulating and challenging learning experience through carefully differentiated planning and resources.
- Using a range of teaching approaches and maximising the resources available to the school, including our extensive grounds and skilled teachers.
- Ensuring that the children are motivated and take responsibility for their learning, asking questions, solving problems and thinking for themselves.
- Closely monitoring progress so that no child is underachieving.
- Offering a wide range of enrichment and extracurricular opportunities so that all children get the chance to experience and explore their talents.
- Finding out more about the children’s talents and interests outside school and promoting them further.