Milton Keynes Talking Therapies has issued advice on how to look after your mental health during lockdown.
Based on the ‘FACE COVID’ book written by Dr Russ Harris during the first lockdown, the 10 ways are a set of practical steps for responding effectively to the Covid crisis, using the principles of acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT).
1. Remember its normal to feel, sad, stressed, confused, scared or angry during a crisis
2. Maintain a healthy lifestyle as far as you can, this include, exercise, diet and sleep
3. Limit worry by watching the news and media less
4. Don’t smoke, drink or use drugs to manage your emotions
5. Keep connected to people by phone, social media and email
6. Be kind to yourself and others
7. Get the facts to determine your risk and look after yourself
8. Seek advice you can trust from NHS
9. Use skills you already have or have used in the past to help you deal with stress
10. Structure your day with things you can realistically achieve
If you are struggling with low mood and anxiety, Milton Keynes Talking Therapies is open and ready to support you through this difficult time.
People who are struggling can refer themselves to the service at www.mktalkingtherapies.nhs.uk or call 01908 725099.